FUNCTIONS OF IQAC
SOME OF THE FUNCTIONS EXPECTED OF THE IQAC ARE:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Organization of FDP/SDP/Orientation programme for faculty members and administrative staff.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC; National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) as per guidelines and parameters of MHRD; All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) as per guidelines of Ministry of Education.
IQAC WILL FACILITATE / CONTRIBUTE Towards:
- A heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- An internalization of the quality culture;
- An enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- A sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Acting as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs